Saturday, June 18, 2005

Happy Father's Day

The Evening Mail continues to air the couple's dirty laundry in the most public of ways, with his wife telling us that she did try to divorce him eight years ago, but he reshuffled the finances to ensure that she would have been left with nothing in a settlement. I'm almost starting to feel sorry for John, now - his wife and mistress are fighting a highly visible and highly embarrassing media war over him. Something tells me it may not be over yet - and the longer it goes on, the more damage will be done.

She's found an interesting excuse for her husband's philandering ways
'He is a liberal and ancient liberals have a very easy philosophy of life.'

4 comments:

Scribbles said...

I've just seen a photo of him. He must have a great personality.

PoliticalHack said...

Harsh. Very harsh.

john said...

Its one of those things. The newspaper reports my wife's claim that I have had 26 affairs.

Untrue that it may be:
a) I am not sure I would wish it corrected.
b) In a libel case I am not sure that it would be seen as damaging.

From a Zeitgeist perspective being seen as the Brummie SuperStud MP is an interesting and unexpected tag.

Anyway one way of upping the profile.

A little more ding dong tommorow and with a bit of luck everyone will calm down. (I am already calm).

Anonymous said...

A little more ding-dong tomorrow?
What is this, his twenty-seventh conquest.

Sounds like JH thinks he's in some Brian Rix Whitehall Farce, though come to think of it....