Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Bye Bye Blunkett. Again.

What with Charlie Clarke backing Blunkett only a couple of hours ago, I have to admit that I thought he'd make it through to Thursday rather than leave an open goal for the Tories at PMQs today, but I can't say I'm surprised that he's gone. As I wrote earlier in the week - he'd become the story and this was overpowering the narrative message of the government, quite apart from the breaches of the ministerial code.

Blunkett isn't stupid and to be advised to run appointments past a committee on three occasions and ignore that advice each time is more than a simple lapse in judgement.

1 comment:

before I sleep said...

have to agree,Blunkett was like a bleeding man in a shark infested sea,the media were never going to leave him alone after last year's beanie.I'm amazed Blair risked having him back.