Saturday, December 31, 2005

Quote of the year

'I've said we could win 4-0, unless we got a bit of rain, in which case it might be 3-0. But it might be back to 5-0 by next summer'
Glenn McGrath, September 2004

He repeated that prediction after the first match at Lords' this summer.

Never mind, eh?

We had a quiet New Year, settled down in front of the telly with a bottle of wine and Channel Four's repeat of their excellent 2 hour summary of the Ashes series. Not a bad way to welcome in the New Year - and I can still feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I watch those last few balls from Edgbaston or Old Trafford or Trent Bridge or even the Oval.....

If you haven't already got them, can I thoroughly recommend this DVD set and this book - both excellent records of a marvellous, unforgettable summer.

And I do hope that you made the most of the extra second this year.

Finally - nice to see the boys and girls getting their rewards for bringing home the Ashes. Well deserved all round - but why was Duncan Fletcher only given an OBE? It should have been Sir Duncan.

No comments: