Thursday, May 11, 2006

Listing badly?

Aside from the political joke that is Adam Rickitt, the Tories also announced a high-profile Labour defection, that of someone alleged to be a former canvasser, Maria Hutchings. She was the one who gave Tony a kicking on Channel Five about special needs education during last year's election campaign. I am indebted to my friend Unity for a reference to David Aaronovitch and his report of Ms Hutchings further comments:
'With an increasing number of immigrants and asylum seekers, then the pot is reduced for the rest of us... Mr Blair has got to stop focusing on issues around the world such as Afghanistan and Aids in Africa and concentrate on the issues that affect the people of Middle England, like myself who pay the taxes which keep the country going... I don’t care about refugees. I care about my little boy and I want the treatment he deserves.'
Lovely.

Unity asks a fair question. When did Ms Hutchings join the Tory party?

Could it be that behind the new Cuddly Dave image, the message is the same as it was in 2005? Immigration, immigration, immigration?

Well, he DID write the manifesto.

No comments: