Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Frontpage!

It seems I've managed to get the frontpage of the Birmingham Post today with my story on Clare Short standing down. Thanks to Paul Dale for the credit, although I must tip my hat in the direction of The Daily, the original source of the story.

I may need my tin hat when I next speak to our regional office.
The claim she would stand down last night stunned Birmingham and West Midlands Labour officials who had no inkling of her decision. Labour was last night desperately trying to contact Ms Short, who is at the TUC conference in Brighton. She was not answering her mobile phone and her partner, Jon Norton, said he could not comment. A West Midlands Labour spokeswoman said: 'The only information we have is what is on the website.'

Anyway, for our new readers, you can find criticism of Mike Whitless, the leader of the City Council and his merry band of fools that are ruining our city. I was the first to support John 'Superstud MP' Hemming's bid for the leadership - chiefly because I like a good laugh. On the way, I've had a go at the BNP, John Hemming, the Cornerstone bunch of right-wing nuts masquerading as Tory MPs, John Hemming, Liberal Democrats, John Hemming and a whole range of other things - the wacky Tory plans for the Birmingham underground , John Hemming's inability to fill in a form or the cock-up over the library - over the past couple of years since I started blogging in June 2004. I also occasionally write about John Hemming.

Feel free to add comments - I only delete libellous stuff and spam, send me gossip (confidentiality assured) or just explore what I've written. I'd also recommend the sites in the sidebar.

BBC Midlands Today this lunchtime carried the story as well. A big hi to Patrick Burns who said that the post on a website belonging to a 'self-professed party hack' had "the ring of truth." I can't link to that, but I can put in a link to the report on the 6:30 bulletin which didn't mention either The Daily or myself by name, but did refer to 'a respected political website.' Well, that can't possibly be me, so it has to be my friend over the way. And now, the Guardian mention us both.

Sorry for the navel-gazing, but it is interesting to watch a story develop and to see who credits who for what. Plus, it is good for the ego to be massaged by the mainstreamers.

5 comments:

john said...

It's nice to have a fan.

PoliticalHack said...

Fan, stalker, nemesis...

Simon said...

Some relevant comment, from my livejournal.

Moseley Blogger said...

Nothing like putting the best china on the window when you're in the public eye...

And as for that Paul Daily character, does he know the meaning of a double entendre coupled with a Freudian slip, or what? To wit, from a story about your favourite civic leader:

"The seeds of much of what the leader has reported on today were sewn by the previous Labour administration," Sir Albert added. (via)

Quite the stitch-up, no?

leon said...

Congrats! Now, erm, move to some decent blogging software like Wordpress!;)