Monday, September 18, 2006

How to waste £1000 a day.


Birmingham runs a big arts festival, Artsfest - awash with music, dance and the creative arts. It is certainly something worth shouting about, so the City Council advertise it. Nothing wrong with that.
Hey - we're all allowed mistakes. I thought the council were still running it and paying the £1000 a day. I was wrong:
UPDATE: Clifford (not bad for a big red dog) advises thus:
I have checked with BCC and they say that the last Artsfest advert was scheduled to appear on September 2. The Guardian has acknowledged that continuing to run the adverts after that date was an error on their part and they are not charging BCC for the adverts.
So there we go - never afraid to correct a mistake. For once, this ISN'T a fault I can lay at the door of the council.
Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go and wipe the egg from my face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there no beginning to the man’s talent?

Clifford said...

I have checked with BCC and they say that the last Artsfest advert was scheduled to appear on September 2. The Guardian has acknowledged that continuing to run the adverts after that date was an error on their part and they are not charging BCC for the adverts. If I could check it - why couldn't you?

PoliticalHack said...

Top marks to Clifford.

As always, corrections and clarifications are welcome.

BCC still look like pillocks, but at least it isn't their fault.