Friday, May 09, 2008

Cheers Paul!

One nice thing I forgot to mention about last week's shenanigans at the Council House - lots of self-satisfied, smug Tories celebrating and a smattering of dejected Labour campaigners - was that I ran into Paul Dale of the Birmingham Post, who took the time to say some nice things about the blog. Thanks for polishing the ego for me, Paul! Nice to know that I have at least one reader out there.

I also got interviewed by Adrian Goldberg, of The Stirrer, for the live results internet broadcast. I believe that the broadcast lives on somewhere, but it wasn't one of my finest hours and I have nothing but renewed respect for those talking heads who have a microphone shoved into close proximity and have to say something relevant.

One of the things about this is that I know I don't have the reach of an Iain Dale (or even a Bob Piper), but the depth of the readership is most interesting. Councillors, journalists and MPs make up a disproportionate chunk of the readership of the blog.

2 comments:

Bob Piper said...

The quality is far more important than the quantity, comrade. Keep up the good work!

The Fully Clothed Civil Servant said...

Thank God you're NOT Iain Dale!!! Keep up the wonderful work!