The COntinuous REcording (CORE) statistics for 2011/12 have just been released on the CLG website and make interesting reading
Did you know?
- Average social rent is £76 per week or £329 per calendar month?
- Average HA rent is £81 per week and £351 per month
- Average ‘affordable rent’ is £110 per week and £477 per month
- Average market rent is £163 per week and £706 per month
- 20.88% of social housing tenants are unemployed
- 29.48% of social housing tenants are EMPLOYED! – So there are 3 employed social housing tenants to every 2 unemployed!!
- 94% of social housing tenants are UK Nationals (Less than 1% of all the housing in the UK is social housing given to foreigners)
- Only 35% of ‘affordable rent’ tenancies are new build – 65% are not!
- Shapps ‘affordable rent’ panacea has seen just 1592 of his planned 170,000 units built (0.93% of his target and so 99.07% to go!!)
- Market rent is 114% higher than social rent;
- Market rent is 101% higher than housing association rent;
- Affordable (sic) rent’ is an increase of 45% to social rent level